Personal Data Protection Act 2010 Notice
This notice is issued by Century World Development Sdn Bhd (Company No. 1125871-X) (hereinafter referred to as “CWDSB”, “we”, “us” or “our”) pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“Act”) (“Privacy Notice”).
Personal Data which we collect from you
When you transact with CWDSB, we may collect your Personal Data.
How we collect Personal Data
We collect Personal Data through several methods which include but are not limited to:-
- Information or comments you have provided to us by whatsoever means
- and/or in whatsoever manner; and information obtained independently by us or given to us from other lawful sources.
Purposes for which we process Personal Data
We process your Personal Data for purposes which may include:
- for and/or in connection with the conduct of business and provision of services in the capacity of a developer and other similar capacity;
- for and/or in connection with processing the necessary transaction in relation to the relevant matter;
- for and/or in connection with complying with laws and regulations including requirements of any government or quasi-government or regulatory authorities or court of law;
- for and/or in connection with all other purposes necessary and/or incidental to our business and all purposes necessary for or related to any of the above purposes;
- for and/or in connection with internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve CWDSB’s products, services and customer communication;
- to keep you notified of CWDSB’s latest product announcements, upcoming events.
Kindly notify us in writing if you do not wish to be on our mailing list;
- to send you important notices, emails, letters, sms or whatsapp, like communications about purchases and changes to the company’s terms, conditions, and policies. As such information is crucial to your custom with CWDSB, you are advised not to opt out of receiving such communications.
To whom we disclose Personal Data to
When processing your Personal Data, we may disclose such Personal Data to the following persons including but without limitation to:
- departments within CWDSB including any of our employees on a need-to- know basis;
- our auditors, lawyers, consultants, insurers, proposed insurers, advisers, bankers, agents, third party service providers (including law firms in other jurisdictions), business partners or associates or legal referral guides who are under a duty of confidentiality to us;
- government or quasi-government and regulatory authorities in Malaysia and in countries where we, our auditors, lawyers, advisers, bankers, agents, third party service providers (including law firms in other jurisdictions), business partners or associates or legal referral guides have a presence or require approvals or are required to submit such information;
- all other persons or bodies who provide us with services necessary and/or incidental to our business;
- third party providers that provide services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in CWDSB’s products and services and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys.
We may process your Personal Data including contacting you for the purpose(s) stated herein via telephone calls, text messaging, emails, cross-platform mobile messaging applications, post, facsimile, social media or by whatsoever form of available modes of communication.
Accessing and updating your Personal Data
Under the Act, you have the right of access to your Personal Data upon payment of a prescribed fee and you may request that we correct any of your Personal
Data which is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of date unless compliance is refused under the Act. We will notify you of the reasons for not being able to accede to your request. We may also exercise our discretion in allowing the corrections requested and/or may require further documentary evidence of the new data to avoid fraud and inaccuracy.
You may also withdraw your consent or restrict the purposes and methods in which we process your Personal Data and the personal data relating to other persons who may be identified from your Personal Data. If you have any questions regarding our Privacy Notice or if you wish to request access to your
Personal Data or correct your Personal Data or withdraw your consent or restrict the purposes and methods in which we process your Personal Data, you may send your request in writing to the following address:-
Please note that notwithstanding the withdrawal of your consent, we may still process your Personal Data under circumstances permitted by law.
We update our Privacy notice from time to time
We review and update this Privacy Notice from time to time to reflect the changes in law and business practices. We would advise you to obtain the latest version of our Privacy Notice by contacting us or visiting our website to ensure that you are familiar with the latest version. By continuing to instruct us/use our services/omitting to withdraw your consent after communication of our latest Privacy Notice, you are deemed to have accepted and consented to the revision and update contained therein.
Personal Data of third parties
You hereby confirm that you have obtained the consent from the person(s) whose personal data may be given to us by you or identified from your Personal
Data which may be processed by us for the purposes stated herein including disclosure to the parties stated herein.
Please take note that by browsing, accessing, viewing, downloading and/or using this Website and/or submitting any form through the Website, you are deemed to have read, understood and agreed with the PDPA Notice and you hereby consent to and agree with us processing/continuing to process your Personal Data in accordance herewith.